Bedtime for Mommy by Amy Krouse Rosenthal is one of the Reading Kingdom’s recommended kids stories with pictures. Melissa Young explains why:
“What You Need to Know:
• Bedtime for Mommy is a hilarious picture book for young readers, but older readers and adults will enjoy it just as much.
• Bedtime for Mommy’s plot revolves around the humorous role-reversal that Rosenthal does so well in the “Little” books, of which there are three: Little Pea, Little Hoot and Little Oink.
• This picture book would make a great read aloud for all ages.
• We are huge Amy Krouse Rosenthal fans. Krouse Rosenthal brings a very keen eye for observation and a wholly original voice to whatever book she is writing, whether for adults or children.
• Adults reader shouldn’t miss her very funny adult book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. You will be howling with laughter, especially if you grew up in the 70s.
Mommy needs to go to bed. NOW. But first Mommy pleads for five more minutes, needs a drink of water, needs to be monitored while brushing her teeth and wants more than just one measly story! Sound familiar? Young children will so enjoy this story of a daughter having to put her Mommy to bed. And parents will enjoy showing their offspring just how hard it is to get them into bed! Rosenthal does it again, creating a laugh-out loud and appealing story really for all ages with her dry humor and unique way of looking at the world.”
Have your children read Bedtime for Mommy? What did they think of the book? Let us know in the comments below.